I’m Mike Weinholtz.
My wife, Donna, and I have dedicated our lives to make the state a better place for all Utahns. Now I am running for governor to fight back against our one-party system that has harmed so many people.
I know first-hand what hard work and perseverance can do because I come from humble beginnings. I was a third-generation factory worker in my 20’s before finishing night school with degrees in business administration and management. Two years later, I started my first business. Two decades ago, I joined what grew into CHG Healthcare. Since then, CHG has become the largest provider of temporary physician staffing services in the US, and is an industry leader with over $1 billion in annual revenue and more than 2,000 employees.
I am more proud of the impact that CHG has on the world than of its financial success. I credit my business success to a unique, people first approach. CHG has been listed on Fortune’s “100 Best Companies to Work For” the last seven years in a row and as a “Best Workplace” for women and millennials. CHG has also been named the number 1 “Top Workplace” in Utah by the Salt Lake Tribune, and one of the “100 Fastest Growing Companies in Utah” by Mountain West Venture Group.
CHG’s motto is “putting people first” even above profits. My commitment as governor will be to “put Utahns first,” even above partisan politics. To me, YOUR VOICE DOES MATTER and our best days are still ahead of us!
– “CEO of the Year,” Utah Business Magazine (2014)
– “Entrepreneur of the Year,” New Enterprise Associates (2007)
– “Entrepreneur of the Year,” J.W. Childs and Associates (2010 and 2012)
– “The 100 Most Influential People In Staffing,” Staffing Industry Analysts (5 years in a row)
– “Compassionate Leader of the Year,” United Way of Salt Lake (2014)
– Allies of The Year” with wife, Donna, the Human Rights Campaign (2013)
NON-PROFIT BOARD SERVICE
– Board of Directors, United Way of Salt Lake (9 years)
– Board of Trustees, Rowland Hall School (3 years)
– Board of Governors, Salt Lake Chamber of Commerce (6 years)
– Board of Directors, ACLU of Utah (3 years)
– Board of Directors, Women’s Leadership Institute of Utah (1 year)
– Member, Promise Partnership Regional Council for Education
CHG HEALTHCARE SERVICES’ RECOGNITIONS
– Largest physician-staffing company in the United States
– “100 Best Companies to Work For,” Fortune Magazine (7 years in a row)
– “Top Workplaces” (#1), Salt Lake Tribune (2015)
– A “Best Company to Work For,” Utah Business magazine (8 times)
– “Best Workplace for Women” (#15), Fortune magazine (2015)
– “Best Workplace for Millennials” (#30), Fortune magazine (2015)
– A “Best Company to Work For in Staffing,” Staffing Industry Analysts (5 times)
– A “Best Place To Work For the LGBT Community,” the Human Rights Campaign (2014, 2015, 2016)
– “The 100 Fastest Growing Companies In Utah,” Mountain West Venture Group (5 times)
– “Corporate Partner of the Year,” United Way of Salt Lake (2009)